Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Sugababes - One Touch

If you believe the tastemakers, the Sugababes are one of the (increasingly many) out and out pop bands that it's okay to like, and as a matter of fact I've had a vague soft spot for them since "Overload" - although the actual intensity of this soft spot can probably be gauged by the consideration that, until relatively recently, I had a tendency to confuse them with Atomic Kitten (it was "Push The Button" that properly cured me of this...well, that and the fact that the Sugababes are still around whereas that other has seemingly dropped off the radar). Anyway, One Touch was their debut, I think - it's the one with "Overload" - and while it's okay and all, it's not the kind of thing that can sustain my attention over a whole album. (Might be better listened to v. loud, but have been reluctant to do too much of that lately due to seemingly deteriorating hearing.)