Monday, August 22, 2005

Nada Surf - Let Go

Not as good as I'd hoped it might be, but about as good as I expected it to be. On the strength of "The Way You Wear Your Head" and, especially, "Inside of Love", I was willing to risk $10 on this, but I can't say that I'm surprised that they turned out to be the best songs on the album. It's quite emo in places - a genre making increasing inroads into my collection, mostly through the backdoor - and fairly Weezer-esque, too, though for the most part without the facility for tunes of that latter ("Treading Water" reminds me a bit of Cave In, not least in the not having much in the way of a tune).

Oh, and it's "making out with people I hardly know or like", not "making out with people I hardly know a lot"; oh well, the sentiment is more or less the same in the context.