Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Coffee and Cigarettes

I didn't love this as much as everyone else does (it was Kim who insisted on lending it to me, ages ago - I fear that I've become a Bad Borrower), but even so, it's pretty cool. Things to particularly savour:
• The RZA, GZA and Bill Murray scene (so many little details, but maybe especially the way they insist on saying his name in full every time).
• Roberto Benigni being all strung out on caffeine.
• The Cate Blanchett one.
• The way Tom Waits totally dominates Iggy Pop.
• For the first time ever, finding Meg White attractive.
• The cryptic air that surrounds several of the vignettes.
• The way that they all seem mysteriously part of a whole, particularly as somehow wrapped up by the final one.

I really like Jarmusch! I think he is now a favourite of mine.