Sunday, November 23, 2008

Terry Pratchett - The Fifth Elephant

Maybe it's a chicken and egg thing, or maybe not, but Pratchett seems to loom large in the reading history (and, in many cases, present day reading habits) of a remarkable number of people who I know - or make that the circles in which I move, maybe. Anyhow, I popped into the secondhand bookstore on Scotchmer St ("Already Read"?) the other weekend, while the photo shoot was going on at home, and saw that someone had obviously recently offloaded a large number of Pratchett paperbacks (it looked to be close to a complete collection); I wondered whether they'd also been responsible for the several consecutive Sandmans I noticed in the window. I happily picked up three of the few that I didn't already own, and was amused to see the person before me at the counter - female, early middle aged, very North Fitzroy - also had an armful. The man's made his mark.

(Anyway, so I also re-read The Fifth Elephant over the last few days...yeah.)

(a propos - last time)