Saturday, August 25, 2007

The West Wing season 7

[spoilers ahead]

.
.
.

I. More proof (were it needed) of how thoroughly this show has involved me: I knew it was coming, but still I actually had tears in my eyes not once but twice for Leo's death - first when Annabeth appears in tears, and then at the funeral service. We're not talking bucketloads here, but I've never had such a strong crying response to a tv show or a film before.

II. Also, I want to say something about me and Janeane Garofalo. Well, there's not much to say, really. Back in high school, I basically thought that she was too great for words (because of Reality Bites and Romy and Michelle, I think - Mystery Men too, maybe? Truth About Cats and Dogs was sweet but didn't make much of an impression.). Then I kind of forgot about her (was vaguely aware that she had taken up political activism or maybe had always been doing it; discovered that she was snarkily answering reader questions in the Believer). So anyway, it was a delight to see her pop up as a fast-talking, take-no-prisoners campaign strategist in this season and then to promptly take it all the way up to Josh.

III. What a great show this is. I'm sorry that it's over - but it may not be too long before I start again from the beginning...

* * *

1 & 2 - 3, 4, 5 & 6