Saturday, December 02, 2006

Jerry Maguire

I thought I was going to watch Coffee and Cigarettes tonight, but I turned the tv on and Jerry Maguire was showing, and I guess the rest of the story writes itself.

It's not that JM is particularly a Meaningful Film for me, but I remembered it as being good, and, well, it is. It's sweet and warm and funny, and it has a heart; Tom is spot-on and Renée as adorable as ever (well, this was really where it all started with her, at least for me) - and *big confession* I found myself actually a bit teary when they reconciled at the end (and a lot of the other scenes got me, too). How totally embarrassing, but it's true.

I've got to say, as well, I have a feeling that it was the same the first time around, years ago - then, as now, I was moved. Well (and here I'd like you to imagine me shrugging at the screen), I never pretended to be cool...