Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Fight Club

First saw this when it was on the big screen, between high school and uni for me, and so probably the perfect time to've seen the film. I saw it with Nenad at the George in St Kilda, late (it may even have been a midnight screening) and I remember walking back to his place afterwards, both of us totally psyched by what we'd just seen - as I said, it was the right time in my life. I hadn't watched it since (at least not in full), and returning to it now, all these years on, I still admire the film and think it's pretty great, but the initial impact has all long dissipated and ironically its outlines are still too clear in my mind for it to really grab me anew, and so many of its concepts and catchphrases have become so much a part of my working ideas-vocabulary (though I'd forgotten how funny it was - especially Tyler's antics).