Tuesday, August 22, 2017

John Denver - 16 Biggest Hits

John Denver is one of those artists who's always kind of in the air, but he's been especially prominent lately, showing up in critical scenes in Free Fire (twice, including the song that I now know is called "Annie's Song"), Okja ("Annie's Song" again) and, today, Logan Lucky ("Take Me Home, Country Roads", with which I have possibly stronger associations than is really healthy), so it seemed a good time to check out a best of.

The biggest ones are those two, plus "Leaving On A Jet Plane" (which I remember from my childhood, and also from the cast's rendition on Armageddon), but it's all quite nice (the others that maybe I already knew, maybe I didn't, but stick the most sweetly, are "Back Home Again" and "Sunshine On My Shoulders".