Tuesday, January 01, 2013

First Aid Kit - The Lion's Roar limited edition boxset

Compiling my end of year cd made it clear that The Lion's Roar has ended up being my favourite album of 2012 (Bloom was the only other that got close) and being reminded of its loveliness inspired the purchase of this boxset.

Three additional songs - "Wolf" riding a percussively tribal rhythm with vocals to match and representing a bit of a different direction for them, "Marianne's Son" on the indistinct side, and "Just Needed A Friend", on oceanic folk shanty which would've fit right on to the original record. There's also a short documentary with a bit of concert and behind the scenes footage and brief interview grabs, a poster that I'd put up somewhere were the time for putting band posters up not behind me, and a guitar pick that I'd use if I'd played guitar since high school.