Monday, March 10, 2008

The Cardigans - Best Of

Well, of course this is great. "I Need Some Fine Wine And You, You Need To Be Nicer" is still a brilliant pop streak and "Lovefool" somehow never gets old, but it's actually the band's first single "Rise & Shine" (which I hadn't heard before) and old radio favourite "My Favorite Game" which have most had me hitting the repeat button. It's all, barring a small handful of tracks that drag a little, very, very delicious.

The liner notes are a feature, too, the band having put together some thoughts about each of the songs on the cd, and showing themselves to be very knowing (both about themselves as pop stars, and as musicians) and cutely witty (eg, of "My Favorite Game": "Nina recorded her vocals in the attic of our studio, with the corpse of a bat as her only company. Potential hit makers, take note!").