Sunday, July 16, 2006

"Casual Exhibit 06: Dom + Jen" @ Addix Cafe Bar

I bumped into Jenny W on the bus a couple of weeks ago and she mentioned that she and a friend were having a 'once off' exhibition evening showcasing some of their work in the near future; I made politely interested noises (well, I was politely interested) and glanced at the follow-up mass email that she sent a bit later, and that's probably where it would've rested had I not then run into her again last Thursday, the night before the exhibit (during which run-in something she said caused me to put the pieces together and realise that her co-exhibitor was in fact the very same Dom K with whose orbit my own briefly intersected a few years back). So anyway, with that encounter to freshen my recollection, I swung by for a while on Friday night after dinner and was quite impressed - taken as a whole, it was a bit all over the shop, as it was comprised of their separate work (ie, not collaborative) and both displayed in a variety of mediums and styles, but I thought that the works of each showed a bit of talent, and the event seemed to be going off well during the time that I was there.