Saturday, June 17, 2006

Internet distractions

So Tamara sent this around yesterday, in the interests of procrastination at work - jacksonpollock.org - and I promised to make a list of my own favourite internet distractions, and here we are (it's pretty words-focused, but I guess that's how I usually distract myself, one way or another):

~~ Culture, etc ~~

Bookslut

Cokemachineglow


McSweeneys archives and lists

Pitchfork


Popmatters


Stylus

Wikipedia

~~ Webcomics ~~

Cat and Girl

Dinosaur Comics

Questionable Content

Scary Go Round

Wondermark

[A Softer World]

~~ mp3 blogs ~~

Angels Twenty

PopText

The Rich Girls Are Weeping

Vain, Selfish & Lazy

[and plenty of others - but those four are the ones that come to mind when I think about writing and layout, as opposed to just the music itself]