Monday, June 12, 2006

"The Monster"

Mix cd from David, mostly filled with various takes on the current indie electro-pop thing. Things that I have taken from listening to "The Monster":
* "Movie Monster" by Sound Team (I've never heard of them) is ace.
* I may eventually have to come to terms with the fact that the Knife are pretty good after all ("Marble House" being the latest track on that side of the ledger).
* Other people's versions of Radiohead songs continue to be unlikely to move me (Mark Ronson feat. Alex Greenwald doing "Just" and RJD2 taking on "Airbag").
* The National sound rather like the Magnetic Fields (also represented here, incidentally).
* Stars, it seems, can do no wrong (even though every time I listen to Set Yourself On Fire I remember how many blah songs there are on it).