Monday, June 12, 2006

Song of the moment: Amy Millan - "Skinny Boy"

I downloaded this song because: (a) some blog had good things to say about it; and (b) it's called "Skinny Boy" (okay, I actually shrugged at the screen as I typed (b)...). So at first I thought that it was nice enough, but kind of a nothing song; actually, that still pretty much sums up my response to it but somehow I find myself listening to it over and over...it's just the kind of wavering, slightly sad, tastefully electro-inflected pop number that I often respond to (also, it turns out that Millan is the girl singer from Stars), and it's over before it really seems to've started, and it has one of those tunes that gets up your spine without your realising quite how it happened...there is something to it, after all, I guess.