Monday, January 16, 2006

Magnificent Desolation: Walking on the Moon 3D

It's about walking on the moon! And it's in 3D! On a big big screen! And voiced by Tom Hanks!

Okay, so I'm being a bit facetious...I only went to see this because David suggested it after his dvd copy of season 2 of Arrested Development wouldn't work and I like to drift along in friends' wakes when they have ideas and whims. Still, I'm glad I went, if only to see what this IMAX business is all about (y'know, whee, goggles!); the feature itself was okay, I guess, mildly spectacular though light on substance and completely US-centric, as one would expect...ah, it was alright, but I got distracted halfway through by being pissed off at the amount of money that's been spent on space voyages but which could've been put towards some more immediately helpful cause here on the ground (though once you start on those kinds of thoughts, where do they end?).