Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Spring cleaning

In the way of these things, I accumulate a lot of music. Usually, I get around to listening to it all properly in the end but, in the interests of clearing the decks, here are several that have been lying around for ages (with more probably to come in the near future as I dig them up):

• The Fire Show - Above The Volcano Of Flowers & saint the fire show
• Edan - Beauty and the Beat
• Tujiko Noriko - Blurred In My Mirror
• Destroyer - This Night
• Seu Jorge - "The Life Aquatic" studio sessions (yeah, these are the Portuguese Bowie covers)
• Big Star - Third/Sister Lovers
• Brian Wilson - Smile
• Coldplay - X & Y
• New Order - Get Ready
• P D Q Bach - Oedipus Tex & other choral calamities
• Talvin Singh - OK

It's not that I haven't listened to them - I have, and generally several times - but rather that I haven't done so in a way (or they haven't struck me in a way) which has inspired me to say anything about the music.