Sunday, May 24, 2020

Three playlists

Just like last year, Rob, David and Julian all shared playlists in earlyish 2020. Mainly because I don't really listen to spotify, it's taken me this long to listen to them.

On Rob's - my favourites are Slotface's "Telepathetic" (I see they are 'punks' from Norway), K.Flay's "This Baby Don't Cry", the Jack River songs, and Alex the Astronaut's "I Like To Dance" (even though / including because that last one sounds super First Aid Kit).

On David's - Phantom Planet's "BALISONG" (good to hear they can still knock out a rousing rock anthem, and that someone can) and "Mercy Mercy Me" (Eddie Vedder, the Strokes and Josh Homme) plus of course "Seventeen" (SVE) and "The Barrel" (Aldous Harding; I've eventually been won over by it after repeated exposure).

On Julian's - amidst a predictably more esoteric mix moving across prog, jazz, folk, electro-industrial and power pop, particularly beguiling are Prefab Sprout's 22 minute "I Trawl The Megahertz" and Cechomor's "Bosilecky zvony" (according to the internet, they're a Czech band who play traditional songs in rock formats).