Saturday, December 02, 2017

Feist @ the Forum, Friday 1 December

A very good show. Live, Feist is engaging and a strong and charismatic singer, her voice coming through with plenty of variety and dynamism and without shying away from the swoops, cracks and other quirks that litter her recordings of them. I liked that she obviously had a real relationship with each of her songs and enjoyed performing them, especially those from Pleasure, in a set that led off with, I reckon, a solid hour or so from that newest album - which made me feel I understood the record a lot better, in hearing the stripped-down rock and sometimes bluesy elements at the fore - before switching to a run of older songs, beginning with "My Moon My Man" (way more exciting live than on record) and taking in a healthy number from my personal favourite Metals, including "The Bad in Each Other".

(w/ Hayley, and also Jon + Sam)

(Let It Die, The Reminder, and oh look, I'd completely forgotten about seeing her live before albeit only through part of a festival set)