Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Eighties music

A couple of Friday nights ago, dinner with Ruth at Chin Chin and the music seemed to be spot on - Fleetwood Mac when we walked in ("Go Your Own Way" I think), "I Want to Know What Love Is" (actually a really good song - who knew?), it might have been a Cure song next (can't remember which - maybe one of the singles off Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me) - and anyway it took quite a while before I realised that the common element amidst the run of songs that was generating such positive vibes on my part was that they were all from the 80s, which was a touch surprising seeing as the decade most likely to send me (so to speak) must surely rather be the one that followed (ie the 90s, during which I grew up). Anyway, others included "With or Without You", "Billie Jean", "Take My Breath Away", "The Killing Moon", more Cure, etc, etc and plenty more that have since slipped my mind. Altogether very good.

(somewhat a propos)