Saturday, May 03, 2008

Dead Like Me season 2

As much as I liked its first season, Dead Like Me gets even better in season 2. I'm not sure about this, but I have a feeling that the focus shifts somewhat from the various deaths that punctuate each of the eps to the main characters; it's definitely increasingly involving as it goes on, no doubt in part because of the amount we have invested by then...I felt that it really hit its stride in the episodes dealing with George's dalliance with Trip; another memorable story arc involves Daisy - especially the ep where we see her with the 'other woman' who meets her end in the hotel room.

I don't know, the show just has a way - it's gentle, kinda wry, and full of life. It's not overtly moody, but it casts a spell. There's just something about it.

(season 1)