Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Bridge To Terabithia

Quite a nice little thing - reasonably true to the spirit of the book though somewhat more sympathetic in its depiction of Jesse's parents and with less emphasis on the unkindness of his older sisters, and the new elements are well-integrated and effective. On its own terms it would've been good too, I think - a well-made, quietly involving children's film which ought to touch 'grown-ups' too.

(One criticism I had is that the actor who played Leslie was too cute, and not enough the tomboy - although, it must be admitted, that fact may well assist in drawing audiences into the story. Anyhow, she reminded me a bit of the secretary I had during one of my rotations - but I couldn't work out whether she was especially old-looking, or the secretary especially young of face...neither really seems right. Huh, people - it's all very confusing.)

(w/ Kevin and Serena)